Monday, October 10, 2011

Welcome to my mind.

So it has been quite some time since I have sat down at the keyboard to write. I used to do it often and I was very good at it. Let's see if that is still the case, shall we?

I can't promise you magic here. I am a bit rusty. In fact, I find it hard to type at this very moment because my fingers can't seem to keep up with my thoughts. In the past I could type almost as fast as the thoughts came into my head. I could actually stream thoughts out of my fingers and onto the screen. It was amazing even to me. Now, many years since I have written anything more complex than a grocery list, my fingers find it hard to keep up. The silver lining lay in the fact that at least my mind is still sharp in spite of the toll arthritis has taken on my hands. Perhaps I will find that this is some form of physical therapy for my hands. I know it will be therapy for my mind.

This will not be a place with any set focus. It will simply be a dumping ground for the thoughts that run through my head as I watch the downfall of the world around me. Maybe in the end I will find some sort of peace with all the goings-on of the world. I doubt it. Still, I feel that I must come here to finally write all the things that fear had prevented me from writting before. 

Writing only has one t.

I will attempt to make my entries both brief and interesting for I know that attentions spans, and time, are scarce resources these days. I hope you enjoy these small glimpses into my thoughts and I look forward to watching how this blog, and the world, evolves.

I use too many commas.

No comments:

Post a Comment